(Souped up into a meal version!)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped into 3-4 pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp, ground cumin
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp TM Vege Stock Concentrate
- 800g water
- 600g kumara, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100g Edamame beans, shelled (buy frozen at the supermarket)
- Place carrot, onion, celery, garlic and dry spices into mixing bowl and chop 5-10 seconds/speed 7
- Add oil and sauté Varoma/5min/speed 1
- Add all remaining ingredients 17 min/Varoma/speed 1
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend 20-30 seconds/speed 9
- (NB start at speed 5 and gradually increase to speed 9
- Place into Thermoserver OR insulated bowl and keep hot until ready to serve
TIPS TO TRANSFORM INTO A MEAL
(the souped up versions!!!)
1. “Garnish Gone Mad”
- Chop up the following into a fresh salsa type mixture.
- a tomato
- a stick of celery
- ½ a red pepper
- Add the steamed Edamame Beans to the mixture and stir in.
- Add the garnish to the soup as per photo.
- Place the ingredients in the bowl.
- Tomato (cut in half) celery/cucumber and red pepper roughly cut in pieces 2 seconds on speed 4. Check and add 1 second if you would like a smaller consistency.
- Place in a bowl with the steamed Edamame beans stir and add to the soup once served as per photo.
2. “Protein Boost”
Steam *Edamame Pods (buy frozen at the supermarket -near the peas usually)
Put the pods into the Varoma tray and cook on Varoma temperature at the same time as the soup is cooking.
3.“Dumplings or Pizza Bread Accompaniment”
You could make dumplings in the Varoma while making the soup too.
4. Lime Yoghurt
- Zest 1 lime (10-20 sec/speed 7)
- Add the lime juice (40g) and 250g Greek Yoghurt and mix 5 sec/speed 3
YOU ARE ONLY LIMITED BY YOUR OWN IMAGINATION so message if you’d like to share other “Souped up Soup” ideas.
* Edamame are a high source of protein and that’s why I often add them to the soups I make as an accompaniment.